FIRST STEPS. Student staff must be on current work study. Student workers must go through the Student Success Center to visit with the Career Services office to start official paperwork. [email protected]
- Read and react to all paperwork requests on time, including time sheets, email, and text responses.
- Practice effective time management and use sub-requests in a timely manner.
- CPR/AED. You must have proof of current ADULT AED/CPR training to work for the Student Rec Centers. (Free training will be provided for you within 60 days of your employment date.)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Provide helpful front-desk check-in service.
- Awareness of, and appreciation for, individual uniqueness and diversity.
- Always oversee the facility to ensure the safety of participants, the building, and its equipment.
- Help to educate patrons on rules and policies-of-use for the weight room, the groupX room, cardio equipment, weight equipment and multi-purpose gym use.
- Maintain cleanliness and follow sanitization protocol for named spaces.
- Mandatory use of college email. Understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Knowledge of exercise is a plus but not a requirement. On-the-job training provided!
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
WORK HOUR OPTIONS: Our work schedule provides shifts in increments of ninety minutes to two hours. Shifts may be worked in multiple ways. For example, a student may work a shift from 8-10 am and another shift from 7:30-9 pm, on any given day, providing it works with your lifestyle.
Students on work-study may work up to 12 hours per week if they meet the necessary requirements. Time limits vary for departmental pay and part-time pay student help.