Application Deadline: May 10, 2021 or until positions filled
Student Activities Team (SAT) Application Checklist
- Complete SAT application submitted electronically (see below)
- Resume attached to application online
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (non relatives) emailed to [email protected]
- Essay question answers submitted with application online
- First review of applications begins Monday May 10, 2021. All positions are open until filled.
- Submit application online to Vince Ruzicka – [email protected] automatically done via the online form if submit is clicked.
- Individual Interviews, which will begin May 12th and continue until completed. Students will receive a 30-minute time slot. Please be on time for your interview and dress appropriately. (Zoom interviews will take place)
- During individual interviews you will need to prepare a presentation on an event you would like to bring to campus, how it will meet student needs, what will students learn who attend, and how you would advertise the event. You will receive 5 minutes for the presentation.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in a group interview – scheduled TBD.
- Contact Vince Ruzicka, Office 258 in the Student Activity Center
Phone/Text: 509.527.4351 or Email: [email protected]
Position: Student Activities Team Coordiinator
Division: Student Activities
Reports to: Assistant Director of Student Activities & Engagement
What is SAT?
Student Activities Team is committed to establishing student driven programs and events that meet our students’ diverse needs. Our goal is to have cultural, educational, health and wellness, entertainment, and family events.
SAT provides students with the opportunity to become involved in planning, promoting, implementing and assessing events. We present opportunities for students to learn, grow and develop into quality leaders.
- Be enrolled at Walla Walla Community College with a minimum of 6 college level credits.
- Be in good disciplinary standing with the college.
- Have and maintain a cumulative & quarterly grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Experience (volunteer or paid): working in a team environment, organizing events and collaboratingwith groups.
- Must completely fill out all parts of the SAT application online.
Positions Available/ Descriptions
SAT will work approximately 15 hours per week, but no more than 17 hours per week.
The responsibilities of the Student Activities Team (SAT):
- Initiate and coordinate student activities;
- Select, schedule and implement SAT – sponsored events;
- Provide opportunities for individual leadership development and for group participation;
- Plan, organize, budget and facilitate events each quarter
- Track event attendance and administer event evaluations;
- Assist with quarterly SGA & SAT Welcome Week event and activities
- Work as a team to schedule vendors and performers for Spring Activities Fair;
- Attend designated weekly team meetings and 1:1 meetings with Assistant Director of Student Activities & Engagement
- Maintain academic eligibility;
- Affirm and support the Walla Walla Community College Mission and Vision statement.
- Attend all SAT sponsored leadership training’s, retreats and conferences.
- Members of the SAT will be required to participate as college representatives at selected activities and events arranged by Director of Student Life and/or Assistant Director of Student Activities & Engagement.
- Other duties as requested by Director of Student Life and the Assistant Director of Student Activities & Engagement
- You will be paid $13.69 hourly FALL 2021 and yet to be determined by the state of Washington hourly wage for WINTER & SPRING 2022
- Office hours will be held Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and flex with evening and weekend events
Commitment Dates for Summer & Fall:
|May/June 2021||Training & Collaboration|
|June 12, 2021||Graduation Photo Booth at Drive-Thru Ceremony|
|Aug. 16 – Sept. 17, 2021||Training – Team Building|
|Early Sept 2021||Student Leadership Conference – Details TBD|
|Sept. 20, 2021||First day of Fall Quarter|
|Nov. 11-13, 2021||National Association of Campus Activities (NACA) West, Spokane, WA – Details TBD|